Manuka honey is costly compared to normal honey, but when it comes to treating Candida yeast infection, it’s sure worth the extra cost. Manuka honey has many anti-fungal properties within it, and it can easily be applied without any side effects. With Manuka honey Candida is treated mainly by the essential oils present within it, that very effectively inhibit the fungi and other micro-organisms by killing the yeasts Candida glabrata and Candida albicans.
Manuka Honey: An essential Ingredient in Our Candida Diet
First of all, apart from using it as a sweetner in your foods, females can apply Manuka honey in their vagina for faster and effective relief from Candida. Some fresh garlic can be crushed and added to the Manuka honey, then applied to the vagina. From the ancient times, garlic has been a key anti-bacterial ingredient which can protect from such infections. Garlic is a very implicit ingredient and also contains anti-fungal properties. So the garlic and Manuka honey combination can stop Candida very effectively.
Manuka honey contains sugar and thus can effectively take part in your recipes as a sweetner. Another way to consume manuka honey for preventing the Candida infection is to consume it after meals in small doses, to satisfy your sweet tooth. It can effectively meet your cravings for anything sweet without affecting your proper Candida diet. Moreover, it can be applied externally to cure the yeast infection on the skin, vagina, or penis.
Honey can be consumed in proper doses for its anti-fungal or anti-bacterial properties. But there are a few things that we should keep in mind while purchasing the honey, which are:
– The honey should be stored and sold in an opaque jar.
– The UMF of the honey should be at least 10 or more, that is the honey should be active.
– If raw honey is available that is the best one to use.
Why Honey should be used in Yeast Infection Treatments?
– Healing Properties: Honey is very gentle and mild on the skin, even on the most sensitive skins and on the skin of the babies. Manuka honey Candida treatment can heal a whole host of skin rashes with fast, effective results.
– Natural Product with No Side-Effects: Unlike GP medications which can have many side-effects, the Manuka honey Candida treatment is all natural and without side effects. Women often hesitate to apply harsh chemicals on the sensitive area like the vagina, but they feel quite comfortable applying this natural product on their sensitive skin. Other conventional drugs and treatment can cause itching, redness, sensitivity, burning sensation in the vaginal region, but honey is a natural product which can be applied without the fear of such side effects.
– Cost-effective: By using Manuka honey Candida can be treated cost-effectively because honey is effective and cheaper than most other drugs and methods that are involved in any kind of surgery or the treatments which doctors prescribe.
Advanced Biomedical Research: Honey Candida Treatment Vs Medication
Going by a research, published by Medknow Publications, we see that a comparative study is made between honey and miconazole to find out their effects on Candida albicans. Some two-day old culture of C. albicans was treated once with honey, then other samples were treated with the same quantity of miconazole.
As a result, they saw that the growth of Candida albicans was prevented by 80% of those using honey, whereas the growth of the Candida is completely inhibited in the micozanole culture. So honey can be an effective solution for treating Candida, but only when the concentration of the honey is high (see Table 1 below).
So, it may be better to use other natural remedies along side using honey to get better results in fighting Candida yeast infection.
In January 2005, Noori S. Al-Walli wrote an article on the fact, rather an experiment which was performed that showed, if honey, beeswax and olive oil are mixed in equal ratio, then it can prevent the growth of Candida albicans which are isolated from the specimens of human beings. The micro-organisms were tested with the honey alone and then it was tested with another containing nutrient agar honey mixture and lastly, it was tested with honey, beewax, olive oil mixture containing the agar medium.
The results showed that Candida albicans didn’t grow in the medium containing only honey or nutrient agar honey mixture, whereas a mild Candida growth could be seen in the medium containing the mixture of honey with olive oil and beewax. This study just goes to show the antifungal properties present within honey can effectively fight Candida, and its important that honey is to be taken/applied without mixing for it to be more effective to fight Candida.
Thus from the above two studies, we can draw the conclusion that to prevent the growth of Candida, honey can act as a worthy natural healer of Candida infection, and by opting for a Manuka honey Candida treatment with a high UMF, the antifungal properties to fight Candida are much higher.
Honey and Miconazole against Candida albicans – Advanced Biomedical Research Journel – 2013 – by Shayeste Banaeian-Borujeni, Gholam R. Mobini, Batoul Pourgheysari, and Majid Validi
Mixture of Honey, Beeswax and Olive Oil – Arcmedres – 2005 – by Noori S. Al-Waili
Pot-Honey: A legacy of stingless bees
Book By: Patricia Vit, Silvia R. M – 2013
New Strategies Combating Bacterial Infection
Book By: Iqbal Ahmad, Farrukh Aqil – 2008
The Honey Prescription: The Amazing Power of Honey as Medicine
Book By: Nathaniel Altman – 2010
Honey in Traditional & Modern Medicine
Book By: Laïd Boukraa – 2013
The Big Book of Home Remedies
Book By: Samuel Billings – 2013